This male soprano pipistrelle is is one of three that got trapped in a wood burning stove (unfortunately the other two didn’t make it).
Being entrapped was a bit traumatic for him. He then suffered the indignity of a bath to remove soot, which is harmful if ingested through grooming.
Understandably he was a little stressed and quiet when brought into care. After a few days regaining his strength and confidence, he was able to be released tonight… hopefully he’s learnt that metal flues don’t make good roosts!