Information for Applicants
Projects must contribute to either or both of the following:
- Help the conservation of bats, their roosts, feeding areas and hibernacula in West Yorkshire.
- Educate the public of West Yorkshire in all matters related to bats.
- Applicants can apply for any amount from £50 to £2000 but generally grants of up to £300 will be awarded.
- Applicants can apply for 100% of the total cost but value for money will be an important consideration.
- Applications will be considered by a Panel appointed by the Group. Applicants will be notified as soon as possible and within 4 weeks of the closing date. The Panel’s decision will be final.
- Applications are welcomed from individuals, organizations, groups and schools.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a Pre-Application Form. This will enable the Panel to provide some indication whether your project is suitable for funding.
Examples of work that may be eligible for funding
- Creation of interpretive material raising the profile of bats
- Creation or enhancement of bat roosts or hibernacula eg the installation of bat boxes
- School projects based on bats, such as materials for arts based projects
- Investigation of a particular bat roost / population
- Survey of a woodland / other habitat for bats
- Equipment for groups that will allow survey of bats
- Hire costs of a hall or other venue to host bat events
Projects we will not fund
- Work that has already taken place
- Contributions to salaries or a group’s running costs
- Work that is subject to a planning application condition.
- Work that will be undertaken outside West Yorkshire
- Successful applicants will be expected to provide a brief report with photographs on completion.
- Receipts must be provided for all expenditure.
- We retain the right to highlight the work of West Yorkshire Bat Group using your project as an example in our literature / website
- On receipt of the grant cheque we expect acknowledgement that payment has been received
- No changes to the agreed grant will be made without consultation with West Yorkshire Bat Group
For a downloadable file (pdf) of this information please click here. An application form in
MSWord format is also available (You can type into this and return it by email. For more information please contact Grants.